My 12 Rules for Life
My challenge today was to write my Creed, Manifesto, or personal 10 Commandments.
When I hear the term Manifesto, I get very nervous. (There’s a sad, dirty cabin in the woods way way up north where a hermit lives with rifles, assault weapons and a manifesto that lies in piles on the floor and stapled to the walls.)
As a Catholic, the Creed and Commandments are something very different and specific.
So I chose to write my personal rules for life and living. As a Romance writer, I thought it appropriate to show another author’s cover to remind us we all have our own manifesto. Ayn Rand had volumes to say about hers.
Linda Taylor’s 12 Rules for Life and Living
- Honor the Planet Earth that we all share.
- Honor the Universe that we share.
- Honor all the Inhabitants of the Earth and Universe, past, current and future, human, alien, animal, vegetable, mineral, and the water with which we maintain life and share.
- Honor and Respect all Inhabitants’ Existence, Beliefs and Points of View, even if unspoken.
- Honor and Respect their Freedom and Independence.
- Cause, Allow, and/or Do No Harm.
- Clean what is Dirty.
- Feed what is Hungry.
- Heal what is Hurt.
- Love what is not Loved.
- Always offer a helping hand when you are able.
- Honor, Respect, Protect, Love, and Guide Yourself.
Life is Precious.
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
Blogs I Follow
- #1000Speak for Compassion
- Vikki Vaught Romance Author and Book Reviewer
- Everything Indie
- S.D. Gates
- John Maberry's Writing
- KATE JACK'S BLOG
- Elemental Mercury
- A letter for Justin Alcala
- The Real Delia